Neighbourhood Spotlight: Kanata
- Kanata is one of the largest suburbs in Ottawa.
- Kanata has a serious of communities, each with their own commercial developments and unique culture.
- New homes, box stores, and office buildings are continually popping up.
- Kanata is home to some major hi-tech companies such as Alcatel, MDS Nordion, & Deloitte. There are several business parks in the area.
- It is connected to the trans Canada trail and surrounded by the Greenbelt
- Over 20 Schools in the area & 2 libraries
- Kanata holds the Canadian Tire Center home of the Ottawa Senators!
- Kanata Farmers market from May-October
- Walking and biking trails
- Kanata toboggan hill
- Wave Pool
What’s on the Market?
- In Bridlewood there is currently 16 active residential houses for under $350,000
- In the new up and coming Trailwest & Emerald meadows, you can find 36 residential houses on the market for $300,000-$500,000
- Looking for a afforadable condo? Katimavik, Glen cairn and Hazeldean area has over 30 Condo’s on the market for under $270,000
- In all of Kanata you can find over 60 active Residential listings for over $500,000
What’s the Kanata Market like in 2014?
- The market is steady and climbing in Kanata.
- 13 Residential Houses SOLD $500,000 and over in all of Kanata
- In just Kanata Lakes, 20 Residential properties have SOLD $300,000-$700,000 this year
- 18 Condo’s have SOLD this year in Kanata
- In the last 14 days there has been a total of 49 SOLD listings ( Condo, Res & Lots) in all of Kanata
Our Top Ten Kanata Restaurants:
- La Provence – French Bakery
- Eggstyle – The best Breakfast around
- Brookestreet Hotel – Fine Dining in Kanata
- Pocco Pazzo – Fun atmosphere & great food
- Crazy Horse – Stonegrill Steakhouse & Saloon
- Aperitivo – Small Plates concept
- Rare – upscale Kanata Steakhouse
- Fresco Bistro Italiano – Great for late night apps & Drinks
- La Cucina – Enjoy the best authentic Italian food in Kanata here
- Five Guys burgers and fries- no description needed!
The future of Kanata:
- Nike, Michael Kors, Coach – just to name a few of the stores coming to the Kanata Outlet malls ( will feature about 70 stores)
- New park and Ride facilities – add convenience and attract more riders to transit
- The city is developing long term energy plans & sustainability plans
- The Athletic Club is opening soon!
Thinking of moving to Kanata? Call Team Hillier 613 825 4078